Post Secondary School/University Information

SFU Indigenous University Preparation Program is still accepting applications!

Picture of Cammie Watson
SFU Indigenous University Preparation Program is still accepting applications!
by Cammie Watson - Tuesday, 6 April 2021, 1:00 PM

A message to schools from Student Recruitment at SFU: 

Hello! My name is Kismet, and I work with the Indigenous University Preparation Program (IUPP) at Simon Fraser University. I am emailing you today since we are now accepting student applications for our next cohort, beginning in Fall 2021 (early application deadline April 30, 2021).

To tell you a little more about our program, it helps pave the way for Indigenous Students to successfully transition to undergraduate studies using small cohort-style classes and a supportive atmosphere. We offer first-year academic credit courses that integrate humanities and social sciences with Indigenous perspectives. Although a fairly young program, we have had the opportunity to open the door to a university education for our students through our unique approach to build foundations in math and writing as well.

I would like to emphasize that besides graduating students, this program may be of particular interest to any current (or former) youth in care since they may qualify for financial support to cover some of the costs of their education. These may range from Provincial or SFU institutional Tuition Waivers, to living costs! Interested applicants can consult our online frequently asked questions for additional information or apply via our on-line application.

Here is a webpage for more information regarding our program:

https://www.sfu.ca/fass/students/prospective-students/iaupp.html 

Warmest regards,

Kismet Somal, BSc (she/her/hers)
Associate Student Recruiter | Indigenous University Preparation Program (IUPP)
Simon Fraser University | Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
8888 University Drive | Burnaby, BC | Canada, V5A 1S6