Post Secondary School/University Information

Indigenous MD Admissions Workshop coming to Victoria! July 26-28

Picture of Cammie Watson
Indigenous MD Admissions Workshop coming to Victoria! July 26-28
by Cammie Watson - Thursday, 1 June 2023, 10:44 AM

Good morning!

My name is Jessica Skelton, and I am the Island Medical Program’s admissions coordinator. I am working with my colleagues at the UBC MD Admissions Office to help recruit and support Indigenous students who want to become doctors. We are excited to be holding our 20th annual Indigenous MD Admissions Workshop this summer, from July 26-28, 2023. 

The workshop will take place in-person in Victoria, BC, with a virtual option for those who can’t attend in-person. The workshop will provide Indigenous students with more information about becoming a doctor, as well as the tools and supports to be successful in their application to and completion of the UBC MD Program (which is delivered at sites across the province, including at the Island Medical Program in Victoria). Workshop presentations will be given by Indigenous physicians, medical students, and university staff and faculty members. Meals and accommodation on the University of Victoria campus will be provided for attendees.

Apply HERE.

This workshop would be great for students in grade 11/12, who are interested in a career in medicine. Interested students will need to submit the online application form by July 14, 2023.

If you have any questions, please feel to contact me!

Thank you,

Jessica Skelton (she/her)

Admissions/Communications Coordinator | Island Medical Program

Communications Coordinator | Division of Medical Sciences

University of Victoria

impadmcom@uvic.ca