Post Secondary School/University Information

UBC Updates: January 2023

Picture of Cammie Watson
UBC Updates: January 2023
by Cammie Watson - Friday, 13 January 2023, 9:11 AM

%7Badfe989f-5b67-46b1-bf7e-e8df60c23389%7D_UBC_header_blue.png
Happy New Year, and welcome back to our monthly UBC updates!
Important Deadlines
January 15: Final admissions application deadline
February 15:  Deadline to submit documents proving the English Language Admissions Standard has been met
May 1: Deadline to apply for UBC Housing
Disability Resources at UBC
UBC seeks to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for all students. If students have a disability or ongoing medical condition, the Disability Resource Centre on the Okanagan campus and the Centre for Accessibility on the Vancouver campus provide a variety of accommodations and supports designed to address and remove barriers to their academic studies.

Students are under no obligation to disclose their disability in their application to UBC unless they believe their disability will impact their ability to meet academic standards of their degree of study at UBC.

In order to access disability-related accommodations, please register with the Disability Resource Centre on the Okanagan campus of the Centre for Accessibility on the Vancouver campus.

These offices are available for prospective students and families to connect with, and can be contact using the information below.

Disability Resource Centre (Okanagan campus)

Centre for Accessibility (Vancouver campus)
Professional Work Experiences on Campus: Work Learn
The Work Learn Program supports and subsidizes meaningful work experiences on and off campus, offering current UBC Vancouver students the opportunity to develop their professional skills in a professional work environment. Students can learn from a mentor, expand their professional network, and gain work experience and skills through a part-time UBC job while still taking classes.

Meet the incredible Work Learn students working within the Student Recruitment and Advising department.

I am a 4th year majoring in Psychology at the UBC Vancouver campus. I love how flexible the Work learn program is with my academic schedule. I get to balance it with my classes really well. I also love that you gain so much knowledge, skills and experiences that prepare you for life after university.

I am a fourth-year Sociology student studying at the UBC Vancouver campus. While in pursuit of my degree, I am privileged to be working at the Student Recruitment and Advising office as a Work Learn student where the hours are flexible and accommodating of my academic schedule. My favourite part of the Work Learn program is that it does not force me to choose between working and studying, and for that, I am very grateful. 
Student Resources
Languages at UBC: Are you interested in studying languages at UBC? Learn more here: https://www.arts.ubc.ca/languages/
That's all for now! As always, please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
recruitment.ok@ubc.ca
UBC's recruitment team
The University of British Columbia