Post Secondary School/University Information

UVic Admissions/Recruitment

Picture of Cammie Watson
UVic Admissions/Recruitment
by Cammie Watson - Wednesday, 1 April 2020, 11:14 AM

A message schools have received from Stephanie Parker-Huskinson, UVic Student Recruitment Officer:

...You and your students may have questions regarding applications, self-reporting and admission decisions.  Please know I am available to chat with you and your students throughout this time.  I will be working from home for the foreseeable future, so email will be the easiest form of communication though I can book phone or Skype appointments as well.

Our office has created a COVID-19 specific website for applicants and admitted students.  Please review the website and feel free to share the URL with your students.  If you have additional questions you would like to see addressed on this website, please forward them to me and I will ask the Communications team to work on getting answers.  The website will continually be updated, so please bookmark the page and continue to use it as a reference.

A few additional updates:

- Our office has cancelled some upcoming events including Destination UVic (May 23) and Discover UVic International (May 12).  For any upcoming individual school visits, I will connect with each counsellor to cancel our visit.

- Our office will be running registration webinars in May.  Watch the UVic website for details.

- PSBC (Post Secondary BC) planning will resume as usual - watch for updates.

Over the last few days, I have been hearing from Island students who planned on attending school outside of Vancouver Island.  Due to the current situation, some students are considering staying closer to home for the Fall.  If you have any students who are wanting to submit an application for UVic, please know that several programs still have open applications.  Since these new applicants will not be able to self-report their grades, they will not receive a decision until mid-May when our Admissions Office receives the Ministry download of grades.  It is crucial that these new applicants request their Ministry transcript through the Student Transcript Service.  (This is important for all applicants and a good reminder for your students who have done so already). 

The following programs are still accepting applications:

TRIFAC (HUMANITIES/SOCIAL SCIENCES/SCIENCE) closes 30 April 2020

ENGINGEERING (Year 1) – closes 30 April 2020

COMPUTER SCIENCE – closes 30 April 2020

HEALTH & COMMUNITY SERVICES – closes 15 May 2020

ART HISTORY & VISUAL STUDIES – closes 30 April 2020

I know this is an unprecedented situation and your students may feel overwhelmed with the unknown. Please assure them that I am available for any and all questions that they may have.  This applies to parents and counsellors as well. 

Stephanie Parker-Huskinson

stephanieparker@uvic.ca