The Vancouver Island Regional Library (VIRL) is seeking a part time Library Page employee to work in our Sidney/North Saanich Branch.
This position will appeal to high school, home schooled and university students. Hours may include mornings, after school, evenings and weekends.
The weekly schedule is currently:
Tuesday: 4:15-8:15 pm
Friday: 3:15-5:15 pm
The successful candidate will be an outgoing individual who takes pride in being organized – accurately shelving materials and completing routine library tasks in a timely manner.
Do you have these skills and characteristics?
- good communication skills
- completing tasks in a timely manner
- the proven ability to work with people of all ages
- demonstrated commitment to the highest quality customer service
- enthusiasm for innovation and working with the community
Applications will be accepted until Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Your cover letter should clearly identify how you have the knowledge, skills and experience to be successful in this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with VIRL but only those scheduled for an interview will be contacted directly.
EXAMPLES OF REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES:
- Shelving materials.
- Stacking and sorting materials.
- Shelf reading.
- Pulling materials including: duplicate copies, worn and dirty materials as required.
- Tidying, shifting, organizing and facing materials on shelves.
- Collecting and emptying garbage, recycling, and shredding, etc.
- Replenishes cartridges, toner, and paper supplies in branch equipment.
Apply via the link below: