Post Secondary School/University Information

Explore UVic! November 30th

Picture of Cammie Watson
Explore UVic! November 30th
by Cammie Watson - Tuesday, 10 September 2024, 9:48 AM

Welcome back to a new school year!

Admission requirements

Applicants to UVic must first select a faculty or program and meet the admission requirements outlined in the individual program pages on our undergraduate admissions website. While most programs do not require a personal essay, some programs require additional information (i.e. resume, portfolio, personal statement), which we call a supplemental application.

Students that are undecided on a program can apply to the Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Science, or Faculty of Social Sciences as an undeclared student to explore their interests through taking a variety of classes. They will declare a major after one or more years of full-time study.

Application process

Applications for the September 2025 intake are available online now through EducationPlanner BC, and the deadline to apply is January 31, 2025. More information on the application process can be found on the How to Apply section of our undergraduate admission website.

Submitting transcripts

For the September 2025 entry, we will continue to use grading information provided by the BC Ministry of Education via the StudentTranscripts Service (STS) when assessing the applications of current high school students in British Columbia. Students must order transcripts to be sent to UVic via the STS website immediately upon submission of the application. They should choose the default option that allows updates for one year.

Students applying under the IB curriculum will continue to self-report their grades.

In-person events for prospective students and families

Explore UVic is our on-campus open house taking place on Saturday, November 30. See what the UVic experience is like through lectures, student panels, tours, information fairs and more. High school students, transfer students and families are welcome! Register online now.

Virtual events for prospective students and families

Discover UVic virtual information sessions are designed for prospective students to learn about all that the University of Victoria has to offer. We’ll cover topics from campus life and housing to hands-on learning.

Parent Nights will guide parents and guardians on how to help their students succeed and thrive in their first year of university with a focus on strategies to navigate the transition from high school to university. Prospective students are welcome.

For dates and registration, please visit our Events webpage.

Get in touch with me by email, via maggiemesser@uvic.ca, and I would be happy to offer information and support throughout the application process. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any future questions. I look forward to supporting you throughout the coming months!

All the best,

Maggie

Book an appointment  | Register for an event

Save the Date for Explore UVic! – Saturday November 30th, 2024

Maggie Messer (she/her)

Student Recruitment Officer

University of Victoria  |  uvic.ca
250-472-4564
maggiemesser@uvic.ca