Post Secondary School/University Information

UVic February Updates

Picture of Cammie Watson
UVic February Updates
by Cammie Watson - Monday, 13 February 2023, 9:26 AM

Hello from UVic,

Now that the application deadline for September 2023 has passed, we progress to the next steps in the admissions process. This month’s update provides information that will help you advise your students as they navigate these next steps.

Late applications

Some programs may allow applications past the published deadlines due to factors such as high demand and increased capacity.

If a program is accepting late applications, students will be able to select it when they complete their application to UVic in EducationPlannerBC. An additional $41 fee will be charged.

If a program is no longer accepting applications, they won't be able to select it in EducationPlannerBC (or complete an in-progress application).

Late applications for a program can close at any time without warning, so students should apply as soon as possible.

Important dates:

Next Steps Events are open for registration. These Faculty specific events will be highly valuable to Fall 2023 applicants.

1. Next Steps webinars: Last live session is February 14

Join us for a Next Steps webinar to get tips and information that will help students move smoothly through the admission process. Applicants learn about self-reporting grades, applying for scholarships and applying for residence.

For students who were unable to attend one of the virtual Next Steps sessions, they can 

1. Campus Spotlights: February 15-23

Join a webinar to learn about the great supports and opportunities that await students at UVic.

1. International Centre for Students (ICS) –Feb. 15, 6:00PM Pacific Time
    2. Centre for Accessible Learning (CAL) –Feb. 16, 6:00PM Pacific Time
    3. Student Wellness –Feb. 21, 6:00PM Pacific Time
    4. Athletics and Recreation –Feb. 22, 6:00PM Pacific Time
    5. Residence Spotlight –Feb. 23, 6:00PM Pacific Time
  1. Faculty Spotlights: February 27 – March 9

Attend a faculty spotlight to gain an inside perspective on your faculty of choice. Each virtual session will showcase academics, experiential learning opportunities, faculty-specific student resources and more.

1. Humanities –Feb. 27, 6:00PM Pacific Time
    2. Engineering and Computer Science –Feb. 28, 6:00PM Pacific Time
    3. Business –March 1, 6:00PM Pacific Time
    4. Education –March 2, 6:00PM Pacific Time
    5. Human and Social Development –March 6, 6:00PM Pacific Time
    6. Social Sciences –March 7, 6:00PM Pacific Time
    7. Fine Arts –March 8, 6:00PM Pacific Time
    8. Science –March 9, 6:00PM Pacific Time

Student Zoom appointments

You may be interested in having a one-on-one Zoom appointment with me.

Meetings will take place until the end of March—space is limited, so please encourage them to book an appointment as soon as possible. If you've booked an appointment with me in the past, I'm happy to chat about any new questions you might have.

Book your appointment with Stephanie

If there is anything that I can do for you, please let me know and I am always happy to help.  

Cheers,
Stephanie

Register for an event | Book an appointment

Stephanie Parker-Huskinson, BA

(she/her/hers)

Student Recruitment Officer

University of Victoria  |  uvic.ca
250-472-4564
stephanieparker@uvic.ca