Post Secondary School/University Information

UVic Latest Updates - January

Picture of Cammie Watson
UVic Latest Updates - January
by Cammie Watson - Tuesday, 24 January 2023, 9:28 AM

A message to schools from Stephanie Parker, UVic Student Advising/Recruitment:

Welcome back and happy New Year!  

Many of you may have already submitted UVic applications, and many still might do so in the next week, so I’m sharing information to help you as you go through the application process.  

Application deadline – January 31 

A reminder that the UVic application deadline for September 2023 entry is January 31, 2023. Any students that have not yet applied can submit a UVic application now. The full application process is outlined in the How to Apply section of our website.  

Self-reporting – February 15 to March 15 

The self-reporting system in the My UVic Application will be available between February 15 and March 15. Applicants will self-report their grade 11 and grade 12 marks to be considered for a conditional offer of admission as well as grades-based entrance scholarships.  

Schulich Leader Scholarships                                                                                                                                          

This is a reminder that the deadline for schools to nominate students for the 2023 Schulich Leader Scholarships is coming up January 31. https://schulichleaders.com/high-school-nomination-process/

One hundred awards are awarded each year. Half are valued at $120,000 (engineering) and half are valued at $1000,000 (science or math).

Applying for residence  

The on-campus housing application will be available in the online housing portal on Monday, February 6. The deadline to apply is May 1, 2023. The first-year residence guarantee is available for current high school applicants applying to UVic for September 2023. More information on the housing guarantee can be found here: https://www.uvic.ca/residence/future-residents/apply/first-year/index.php      

Next Steps events for applicants 

We’ll be hosting virtual ‘Next Steps’ events to help applicants prepare for self-reporting and the remainder of the application process and to introduce them to all that their faculty has to offer. These sessions will take place throughout February and March, and registration is available on our website here.   

I’m looking forward to continuing to support applicants and prospective students throughout the coming months. As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me whenever I can be of assistance.  

Cheers,
Stephanie,

Register for an event | Book an appointment

Stephanie Parker-Huskinson, BA

(she/her/hers)

Student Recruitment Officer

University of Victoria  |  uvic.ca
250-472-4564
stephanieparker@uvic.ca