Post Secondary School/University Information

Latest UVic News

Picture of Cammie Watson
Latest UVic News
by Cammie Watson - Wednesday, 19 October 2022, 10:50 AM

A message to schools from UVic Student Recruitment/Advising: 

Here are a few upcoming UVic-specific highlights: 

Explore UVic - On Saturday, November 26 the University of Victoria will welcome prospective students and their families to our beautiful campus for the first campus wide open house since 2019. “Explore UVic” will feature campus tours including residence buildings, sample lectures, student experience panels and more. Registration for Explore UVic is open now. (link

Parent Night  - Back by popular demand and offered virtually, Parent Night information sessions are led by Dr. Lisa Surridge, Associate Dean Academic - Faculty of Humanities. The insightful, research informed and practical information she provides is invaluable to parents/guardians helping their student navigate the transition to post-secondary studies. Registration is available on our Events page. (link

For students considering the Bachelor of Commerceprogram - The Peter B Gustavson School of Business will be holding virtual information sessions every Wednesday evening between now and December 1. Students can visit the Gustavson School of Business site to register for a session and can email bizrecruit@uvic.ca with any questions related to these sessions.   

The School of Business will also be hosting a few specific events that proved extraordinarily popular the last time they were offered. The dates/times of these events are as follows:

Adulting 101Personal Finance for Students Planning for College & University” - November 17 at 6pm.

Entrepreneurship 101:  What Makes a Good Side-Hustle?” on November 22 at 6pm. 

Registration is open now and available here

Students can explore more opportunities to learn more about UVic through our various virtual sessions on the Events section of our site. I’d also encourage you contact me with any questions that they might have. My contact information can be found here.   

If there is anything that I can do for you, please let me know and I am always happy to help.   

Cheers,
Stephanie

Book an campus tour |  Register for an event 

Stephanie Parker-Huskinson, BA

(she/her/hers)

Student Recruitment Officer

University of Victoria  |  uvic.ca
250-472-4564
stephanieparker@uvic.ca